In my continuing progression towards 2019, I offer this…
Things I’m Leaving Behind in 2018
- Cell phone worship. I use my cell phone as a… you know… phone, so it won’t be out of reach, in case someone, you know, calls. But! If I’m watching television, reading or meditating, it’s going across the room and/or on silent.
- Parched/ unquenched me. If you’ve been reading along, you know that 2019 is the year of water. No matter where I am or where I am going, I WILL have water (or a mostly-water beverage) within reach.
- Hiding. Okay, yes, having empathic and introverted traits do require that I have *some* alone time. But I’ve also used this as an excuse to turn down invitations to things I would benefit from greatly! So, I’ve already accepted my first invitation in January. Go, me!
- Fatigue. This is half physical, half emotional and even though the math is wrong, there’s a wee little bit of defiance, as in: “You can’t tell me I can’t sleep the day away!” (Whoever “you” is, because I have no idea!) This ties into my physical health, of course. I figure that between the water and working on my sleep habits, the rest may fall into place!
- “Friends” who disrespect. Whether it’s someone’s race, ethnicity, lifestyle, sexuality, gender, politics or you know, me. You don’t have to agree. You DO have to respect. If you can’t, you’re not welcome in my life.
- Unhealthy relationships with some people. I’ve been pretty good about this over the last year but… yep, there are a few stragglers.
- Unhealthy relationship with food. Once upon a time, I felt that sweets, in particular, were a treat. Also salt. And soda. Pudding in a cloud (don’t ask). Then it wasn’t a treat and all bets were off. It was a way I could control my life — see note above about fatigue: “How DARE you try to tell me what I’ll put in my mouth!” It’s time. I’m not looking to weigh 130 (although… wow, that would be something!) and I’m not looking to be a sexy mama (although, nevermind, gross!) and I’m not looking to be the poster-child for weight loss. I just want to be healthy. One step, one day at a time.
- Un-forgiveness. Dear friends and readers, I have a problem with this one. There are very few people left on this list (just 2 that come to mind immediately)… but I do carry it in my heart and soul. It rots there. This HAS to happen! I cannot afford to carry it any longer.
That’s my list. Do you have one? Care to share? Care to comment on mine? Have any questions? Let me know!
Tomorrow, I’ll be writing about… who knows? I’m flying by the seat of my pants here, folks. Gotta say, it feels kinda… good! 🙂